Drummills are basically used in industrial applications exclusively. This leads from porcelain-made or ceramic-lined (coated) mills for the chemical-, pharmaceutical-, food- and ceramic-industry, here in particular the production of paint-pigments and glass fluxes, up to the processing of hard-phase materials which is usually performed in steel-mills often using hard-coated or lined vessels. Here also rubber-linings are applied.
Drummills in support-design are build up in a unit construction system (122 standard-sizes including 14 types with porcelain-pans) and therefore the less cost-intensive design-type. However, the two supports must be fixed on the floor or basement always. In case of drummills in compact-design, this is not necessary but recommended, drummills in frame-design are build for integration in storey ceilings or working platforms.
Drummills are characterized by the following criteria:
- the to be processed product (quality) determines the vessel-type with respect to the material;
- the to be processed product quantity determines the unit-size of the drummill;
- the condition of the product and the process determine the operation mode (wet- or dry-operation);
- the process and in particular the processing procedure determine the necessity of options;
- the set-up possibilities determine the design-type;